Today I ask the question, how do you love yourself? Self-care is often so low on our list of priorities. But as you well know, taking care of yourself first, allows you to help others in a more present way. I take care of myself in various ways. Below is my self-love list. By no means is this a comprehensive list or things I do every day, but I do my best.
- Taking quiet time in the morning to connect with my Higher Power. It’s a great way to start the day.
- I love getting massages, and when I can afford it, I usually go for hour and half. Then I go home and rest. I LOVE it!!
- I make sure I feed my body healthy food (most of the time).
- I dress in clothes that make me feel good and reflect my personality.
- I say affirmations in the mirror so that they become second nature.
- I ask for what I need. If I need help or simply need to set boundaries, I express them with loving kindness.
- I take care of my skin. I make sure to clean my face and moisturize every morning and evening.
- Laughing! I love to laugh, and it’s a wonderful way to de-stress at any time of the day.
- I try not to take things too seriously. I’m really working on this one ; )
- I love getting manicures and pedicures. I should do it more often.
- I try to be humble, honest, kind, forgiving and open. It sets me free and boosts my self-esteem
Now it’s your turn. Let our readers know how you take care of yourself!