The only resolution you need for 2017 is to love more. That’s it. It’s simple and we can all do it. I promise!
The easiest way for me to think about loving, is to define the opposites of love, and they are numerous. My list below is just a beginning.
The opposites of love are:
- contempt, and
As you can see, the only resolution you need for 2017 is to love more. Love requires you to trust that you are enough, you have enough, and you do enough. While it’s not always easy, it can be done. So, when you are not coming from a place of love, you are probably in some form or fear.
Deciding that you want to love more calls on you to practice — a lot. Being in fear is the default for many of us. So, if we can work toward making love the default, we’re in for a wonderful ride.
Practical ways to implement your resolution:
- Be a kinder, gentler driver
- Smile at a stranger just because
- Pay it forward any way you want (buy coffee for the person behind you in line at Starbucks)
- Be genuinely happy for the success of others
- Trust in your talents and abilities
- Forgive someone
- Write a list of 10 things you’re grateful for each day
- Show empathy even when your reflexes want you to do otherwise
- Give lots of hugs to the people in your life
- Say “I love you” at least once a day, even if it’s to yourself
In conclusion, I hope you will take steps each day to ground yourself in love as you keep your resolution. Let me know what your resolutions are for 2017!
Wishing you a wonderful 2017, filled with love, light and passion!
P.S. Stay tuned for some exciting new ventures I have planned for this year!